Trinity Sunday — Bidding prayers etc
We celebrate Trinity Sunday today. The feast gives us an opportunity to reflect on the mystery of God, who creates, redeems and makes us holy. Penitential rite: As we gather to worship God, let us call to mind our need of divine forgiveness: (pause) I confess…
Introduction to the Scripture Readings
Deuteronomy 4:32-34, 39-40 — Moses reminds the people about God’s deeds, and declares that there is but one God.
Romans 8:14-17 — We are all God’s children, co-heirs with Christ, filled with the Spirit.
Matthew 28: 16-20 — The disciples are given the mission to preach and baptise in the name of the Trinity.
Introduction (by the Presider) The Lord is our help and our shield, so we present our intentions with confidence.
- For all who preach the Good News, at home or abroad, that they may experience God’s presence with them (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For those who suffer because of war and violence, particularly the people of Syria, that they may be freed from the burden of fear (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For our young people preparing for the Junior and Leaving Cert exams, that the Spirit of wisdom and calm may be with them (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For the unemployed and for all those who have had to go abroad to find work, that our prayers may sustain them in difficult times (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- As we give thanks for milder weather, we ask for protection for those who travel on our roads, in work or in recreation (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For all who have preceded us in death (especially N & N), that having shared Christ’s sufferings they may also share his glory (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
Conclusion (by the Presider) Our hope is all in you, Lord God: we believe in your saving power. Listen to our prayer, and let your love grow in our hearts each day, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Liturgical Suggestions Mass of the Day is on page 361. Penitential Act page 379 (Confiteor). Or replace Penitential Rite with the Blessing and Sprinkling of Holy Water (page 1353 or 1354). Preface of the Most Holy Trinity, page 362. Eucharistic Prayer 2. Solemn Blessing 10 (Ordinary Time 2). Songs: “All People that on Earth do Dwell’; Holy God’; O Praise ye the Lord’.