ACP proposes agenda for meetings with Priests’ Councils
Most members will be aware that some time ago the Leadership Team requested a meeting with the Irish Bishops, but they replied that they were not willing to meet us and that instead we should meet with the Priests’ Councils in each diocese. We have followed up on that by sending a request to each diocese for such a meeting. We have got a few positive responses, and a number looking for the agenda of the proposed meeting. The following are the issues we would like to discuss with Priests’ Councils:
2. Procedures for dealing with allegations against priests.
3. Following the New Missal, the impending translation of the Lectionary.
4. Pastoral implications of the current economic situation.
5. The role of priests in the appointment of bishops.
6. The renewal of the Church in this Year of Faith.
Leadership Team ACP