Bidding Prayers for Immaculate Conception (9 December)
Introduction (by the Presider) Let us pray to God, who has brought salvation to all the world.
- For the Church, that Christians may do God’s will cheerfully, as Mary did (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For people who feel unimportant, that they may realise their vital role in God’s plan for the world (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For women unable to conceive, that they may rely on the power of God who makes the impossible possible (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For all children, that they may be loved as warmly as Mary’s own child, Jesus (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For pregnant women and women in labour, and their unborn children, that their right to life may be secured and protected everywhere (pause for quiet prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For God’s chosen ones who have died (especially N. and N.) that they may find a home in heaven, with Our Lady and the saints (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
Conclusion (by the Presider): O God, salvation of the earth, your power is seen in the lives of your people: Continue to support us with your grace, we pray, through Christ our Lord. Amen.