Presider’s Page for Trinity Sun. (15 June)
We are invited to reflect on the mystery of God on this Trinity Sunday, as we gather to worship the One who creates, redeems and sanctifies, three persons, one God, without end.
Alternative Opening Prayer (from 1998 ICEL Missal)
Merciful and gracious Father,
you showed the fullness of your love
when you gave your only Son for our salvation
and sent down upon us the power of your Spirit.
Complete within us the work of your love,
that we who have communion in Christ
may come to share fully
the undying life he lives with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Introduction to the Scripture Readings
Exodus 34:4-6, 8-9 — God is described in terms of tenderness and compassion, kindness and faithfulness.
2 Corinthians 13:11-13 — A plea by Paul for unity in the Church, in the grace of Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
John 3:16-18 — Jesus came to show God’s love for the world: no one who believes will be condemned.
Introduction (by the Presider) Let us give glory to the great God, presenting our needs with trust and confidence.
- For all believers — that they may experience the love of God (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For people who search for the truth — that God may embrace them with gentleness (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For Europe — that it may re-discover its Christian roots (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For all who seek peace and justice — that they work together for the good of all (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For the Christians who worship in this place — that our faith may be visible in the way we treat each other (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For unemployed people — that they may find the work they need to live in dignity (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
The presider prays: For those we have lost to death (especially N & N), that they may give glory and praise to God for ever more (pause for silent prayer). Lord, hear us.
Conclusion (by the Presider) God of infinite mercy, hear the prayers of your people
— who give praise for all the good things that come from you, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
SONGS AT MASS (suggestions): All People That On Earth Do Dwell’; ‘Immortal, invisible, God Only Wise’; ‘Holy God We Praise Thy Name’.