Brian Fahy asks priests to consider how well we speak to our gathered people at Mass. A former teacher of homiletics, he asks how important public speaking is in the training of priests today.
- Presider’s Page for 2 April (Fifth Sunday of Lent)
- A no-brainer
- Our need for heroes and the curse of certainty
- Statement from the Association of Catholic Priests (ACP) on the Tuam Babies revelations and the resignation of Marie Collins from the Vatican Commission on Clerical Sex Abuse
- ‘Apologia pro vita sua’ (or something like that).
Snippets for funerals and weddings. To furnish new ideas for recurrent homilies, we welcome relevant material (images, anecdotes, poetry, quotations). Suggestions please, to rogers AT mountargus.ie
"Building Blocks" for Funerals and Weddings
- Listening to Homilies: A Plea from the Pews
Renewal of Confirmation for the Year of Faith
Chris McDonnell is inspired by the much-published image of Pope Francis with a dove perched on his fingers, and suggests it as an icon for all who would reform our Church.
Padraig McCarthy presents a few alternative Mass texts used by Pope Francis at Rio.
Some minor points to let your mind wander on in the readings for the Fourth Sunday of Advent, Year A.
A Christmas reflection
Brendan Hoban offers a Christmas reflection with seasonal advice (first published in his column in the Western People)
Bernard Cotter shares liturgy options for a parish celebration for World Day of the Sick (including alternative Mass prayers from the 1998 ICEL Missal)